Saturday, February 21, 2015

I FINISHED IT!

After many adjustments, some playing with stitch designs and a smattering of frustration, I finished the sewing machine cover!  It got a few giggles on Quiltville's Open Studio where I posted pictures. Someone wanted to know what I was hiding under there! (I posted a picture of Jewel, what I've decided to "name" my machine, as it seems many sewists do this. Cars... Why not a sewing machine. She is a jewel - I've really enjoyed using her.





I'm taking a break from sewing - I need to get a program together about American Cancer Society for 20th Century Club next month. I need to type the minutes of WMU meeting in February. I need to finish All the Things We Cannot See, which is a wonderful book. And our March book club book is Book Thief, which I've read. I ordered the movie to watch; I'll skim back through the book. It seems lately the books I've chosen to read have to do with WWII, France and the women's resistance there. I started A Train in Winter and intend to finish it. It's about women's resistance during the occupation of France in WWII. 

I think I will research the ACS and give a history and try to find out some things that are not well known to a lot of people, including me. Just as others have given programs on institutions and organizations we hear about but it's surprising to hear detail, the "who, what, when, where, why and how."

Yesterday I felt lousy and hurt all over. Today I've felt much better. I've taken Aleve for three days now and it's helped. I don't like to take a lot, although Dr. Johnson said he thought I'd be okay with it. It works, and I don't have to take it but at most once a day, sometimes at bedtime. I know there's an Aleve PM now, but probably has stuff in it I can't handle. And I've started taking liquid magnesium. I've had some "break through" PVCs, but not major. Last night I dreamed about someone having a baby, and getting lost in hospital rooms, every one I tried was the wrong one, although all I did was walk outside the room... Strange being lost in a dream. Also dreamed about a library/books. Had forgotten that till just now. This morning my heart rate was up, but I think my nose was stopped up and with that CPAP, it just makes it more stuffy at times. So which is better - sleep with it and can't breathe right, or sleep without it and can't breathe right? I haven't had the horrible racing, shaking, rigors, blood pressure spike since maybe I don't know just after Christmas... I have felt more "normal" since this propafenone has settled in my system. I set the alarm for 5 a.m., take that dose and go back to sleep. Then one at 1 p.m. and one at 9 p.m.  I don't feel as tired... But then I haven't been anywhere this week, except car club meeting, where I got chilled. Lot to be said for "pacing yourself." 

One of our friends from church passed away today - he'd been battling cancer ever since we had known him, have lived here. His wife Becky is in same SS class I am. Frankie was often at Jack's with the coffee drinking guys. Paul told Sherrill at car club that last time he'd seen Frankie he was his old joking self and I'm glad he remembers him that way. Paul said he and Frankie had talked and Frankie told him he was ready/prepared to go. 

Another of our friends, also at car club supper the other night, was injured seriously in a car accident yesterday evening. TJ Stricklen; she's a nurse practitioner in Corinth and was driving home when another vehicle lost control, flipped over and hit TJ's car. She was taken to the Med with a broken leg, back and punctured lung. I think she's already had two surgeries on her leg. Lost a lot of blood. The weather was so bed the medical helicopter couldn't fly, so she was taken by ambulance. She is my classmate Linda Biggs Stricklen's sister-in-law. They married brothers. (TJ/Ronnie; Linda/Tommy)

So much going on in the world. Can hardly stand to watch the news. So I won't even go into all the horrid scenarios here - if anyone watches the news, they know. If they don't, they probably should, enough to know what's going on, but don't let it absorb you. I've read the end of the Book and God wins!

I know I get easily distracted by inconsequential things, busy "work," hobbies. I need to discipline myself to spend more time in prayer and alone with God. I believe Jesus will be here before too much longer. I love my family. I can only pray for some, believe some, doubt myself some, ask God to help me trust more. It's a funny life, here on this earth. The older I get the more I don't know. Maybe that's part of trusting more. I can't figure it out; God already has.

No comments: