Wednesday, January 13, 2016

THE LONG CHRISTMAS

Santa finally came to our county road on Sunday! Bless Amy - she was still half sick, but we did have a good dinner (crock pot roast, veggies) and opened gifts, which is always fun. Some are just for fun (like the Shopnik shopping cart game she got me), the Ugglee MS State doll for Paul (key chain) and some very useful, like the Homedics neck massager and his MS State long sleeved shirts - sanctioned! 

And I didn't get a group/family picture!! Had the tripod all set up ready to go...

Dexter is fine, but has a hernia. Probably be repaired next Tuesday. He had one side of this plastic ball chewed in no time and I told Amy he didn't need it - if he swallowed one piece of it he'd be back in the same shape he was with the bone. She did take it away from him and I put the "mouse" in a quickly sewn little cushion; also a little bird - his two favorite toys, which he had unsqueaked in under an hour. Amy got Oscar a new collar.

Amy got him three (4?) MS State shirts. The State belt I got him was too small; already exchanged with Amazon. Love Amazon.




Cap with LED light for walking Dexter if necessary at night.


Quitl books!


Hand and toe warmers.


Muppet Movie (original one). "Rainbow Connection." We had the LP, used to play it all the time. Used to know a lot of the words, and can still remember music.

New camera... Surprised!






I always try to get Matt a Superman themed gift. He liked the lounging pants.

The orange whirl is construction grade extention cord and reel.

Tuesday, Brenda and Charlotte came over and we watched War Room. Beforehand, we talked for about an hour about everything, everything... Watched the movie, paused it a few times, discussed it, cried, understood one another.  Prayer - fighting in prayer - letting the Lord fight your battles for you. Asking Him to teach us to pray. Bren said today her church is going to show it Sunday night. Amy got us sweet gifts: cookie cutter angels, each personalized with our favorite hobbies: Bren and Charlotte's: flowers/gardening; mine: tiny scissors. Mine's dress had sewing print; theirs was floral. That girl...  Love her so, gifts or not, but she's one thoughtful daughter!


I had my annual mammogram today. It hurt, as usual. No wait - one year it didn't. Anyway, glad that's over. Same calcium spots as last year.

I took the pretty bracelet Amy gave me to Moore's Jewelers to have the chain lengthened. Paula said she'd call when Bill or Phillip look at it to see how to add links. It's like the one Amy gave me last year - the clear disk with rhinestones around it, teeny tiny picture of me, her and Paul inside this one. Last year was all things pertaining to Mama.

We ate at Lil Smokies tonight. Glad I didn't have to cook. So hard to do for us - two people - always too much food or takes too long for just two people to eat and it's gone in 10 minutes. 

My line-up: Book club and 20C Club tomorrow.  Monday - Dr. Wooten, pressure check; be a good day to get blood work done for TSH. (Laura said 18th or 19th) Tuesday - Sy be here around 12:30. Maybe make soup, cornbread. Thursday - Memphis, Dr. Johnson. Nothing down for next Friday. Maybe wait till next week for Thelma... nothing down all week. How did I used to have time to work? Thought I was gonna take January off...

Waiting for a spool of thread I ordered. King Tut, Gypsy Rose; variegated. For Addilyn's quilt. Of course I could have used white. But what's the fun of that? King Tut's variegated is so pretty and the different colors are about an inch long. Other variegated I have, the color changes about every 3-4 inches. Not as pretty.


No comments: